NEA Task 21 (Planning) : Photography Planning

 1. Who will you be using as your models for each photograph (bear in mind that your photographs need to show representation of two distinct social groups)

For my main front cover image on magazine edition 1 I will be casting Bradley Hillyer as the director of fast and furious X which would be suitable as he fits the demographic of the director as Bradley is white male.

I will also use Bradley as the actor for two more images being an image where he is in an interview and also the contents page image where he will be holding the front cover of the magazine. In both of these images he will be playing the same director, being Louis Leterrier.

For my second edition of my magazine I will be casting Bethany Sullivan as Beth Burton in 'Lost In Venice', by casting Bethany this will also allow me to show two different social groups within my different editions of my magazine. Ethan Beale will also be casted in my contents page as Will Poulter from Guardians Of The Galaxy.

2. What thought needs to be given to the following elements of mise-en-scene?

Location for my photography will be inside any room with white walls to generate an effect where it looks like the actor on my front cover is taking an interview. Any other photos can be taken where perhaps there is green background so outside with grass behind the actor,

Costume for my main photos will be smart clothing such as a suit to make sure that the interview that I am generating for my front cover looks formal.

Props for my photoshoot will include a chair to generate the interview effect and for my contents page photos i will need a front cover for my edition of the magazine printed and out into the hands of the model.

My actor's Body Language will be quite open in all of the photos to allow the message that within the interview the actor is open and honest with every question that they answer.

I will need quite bright Lighting for my photos on my front cover as this will allow me to make full use of the white background wall to make it look brighter. Furthermore, in the contents page photos i will have sunlight lighting on the actor to allow a good photo where the prop can be seen as well as the actor.

3. Who will be taking your photographs and what equipment will they use?

For my photography for my magazine I will be having photos taken by Ethan Beale who is a keen amateur photographer with a mobile phone camera from one of the newer phones. I will be having this combination of photographer and camera because this will allow me to capture higher quality photos for my front cover and contents pages than if i was to take the photos myself with a lower quality camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed NEA

Dear Moderator,  My name is Jake Sullivan. Welcome to my A Level Media Studies blog. This is a record of the work I have undertaken for the ...